In October 2006, Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book by Deirdre Dolan was released by Gotham Books. You can purchase the book and read customer reviews on Amazon.
Penguin Group (USA) describes the book on its website:
What are the secrets behind the creation of Larry David’s hit show? Fans can finally find out with this long-awaited companion guide to the Golden Globe- and EmmyÂ® Award- winning series.
Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book is complete with stories about Larry David’s childhood, his roots as a stand-up comic, and his various writing jobs before the breakthrough of Seinfeld. Readers will enjoy dating stories from his bachelor years, discover how he met his future wife, Laurie David, and learn why Cheryl Hines was picked to play his TV wife. A highlighted map of Santa Monica shows locations where favorite Curb scenes were filmed, such as the Toyota of Hollywood where Larry works as a car salesman. Ever wonder if there’s a story behind the creation of Krazee-Eyez Killa’s infamous rap? There is, and it’s in this book, along with the tale of the ordinary afternoon lunch where the idea for Curb Your Enthusiasm was first formed. Perhaps best of all, fans can finally see Larry David’s original scene outlines – just a few sentences from which the actors improvise-which eventually evolve into the carefully edited comedy that we see on air.
After five hilarious seasons, Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book offers fans an intimate view of the people, experiences, and stories behind one of television’s funniest shows.
Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book is filled with hilarious images, insights, and behind-the-scenes moments, including:
- Original interviews with and commentary from more than 100 cast and crew members, guest actors, comics, and friends and family, including Cheryl Hines, Jeff Garlin, Susie Essman, and Richard Lewis
- An in depth, four-section interview with Larry David, covering everything from his childhood in Brooklyn to his emergence into the world of comedy and television.
- Never-before-seen outlines from the show that are the basis for episode storylines.
- Detailed episode guides for the show’s first five seasons.
- More than 100 full-color photographs.
“[Curb] wouldnâ€™t get four; it would get four hundred.”(The Washington Post) “Grade: A…. a neurotic thriller of epic proportions.” (Entertainment Weekly)