Season 7 Episode 7: The Black Swan
Larry twice encounters bad luck on the same golf hole.
Not a bad ep with some funny scenes and bits of dialogue. It saw the return of some Curb regulars including Richard Kind as Larry’s cousin Andy and Shelley Berman as Larry’s father. It was great seeing them back and Larry fall into those inane yet amusing family quarrels. The lunch scene was a classic. I guess you could say this episode is a little subdued compared to last week’s controversial show, though Larry does manage manage to commit “involuntary manslaughter” with a swan. Not much movement on the Seinfeld arc although Larry does mention that “next week” the read-through would take place.
- The “unnecessary social convention of introductions”. Agreed, and frankly I don’t want to be introduced to everyone I happen to bump into. It’s just another name I’m now obliged to remember.
- “Will you please finishing shoveling that shit into your face?” – One of Marty’s best lines to date!
- “How’s your wife?”
“Fuck you Norm!”
- “You killed a swan”
“Keep your fucking voice down!”
- “Why did I order turkey?”
- “They have non-acidic fruit, you got papaya, mango and banana!”
- “So I’m hoisted by my own petard?”
- Larry’s wasted cash in the fictional “shakedown” – “I don’t think he knew what the fuck you were talking about”.
- “LARRY, an asshole and swan killer”
What did you think?